db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: enabling tracing info while running tests
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:49:20 GMT
On 7/17/06, Mayuresh Nirhali <Mayuresh.Nirhali@sun.com> wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I am trying to get tracing info for a test run in standalone
> >>manner. The test runs fine, but I do not see the traceFile being
> >>created.
> I tried following but didn't get the trace file.
>
> java -cp $CLASSPATH -Djvmflags=derby.drda.traceFile=trace.out
> org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start

Oops! just my 2 cents on that one...(note that I'm not really
following the discussion, too wrapped up at the moment with other
tasks, sorry).

-Djvmflags will do anything for NetworkServerControl, it only works
with the test harness
(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest or RunSuite).

Apologies if I confused the issue. With NetworkServerControl you want
to just use -Dderby.drda.traceFile=, I think, if that property is
valid at all. Same for derby.drda.traceDirectory, to pass it to
NetworkServerControl, don't use the test harness' jvmFlags...

When you run a test with RunTest, you can use -Dverbose=true
-Dkeepfiles=true to see the actual command it is using, then look at
the *_app.properties and *_derby.properties file within the test
subdirectory to see the actual properties it has picked up...Then work
your modifications from there.

hth
Myrna