db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramin Moazeni" <rmoaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google SOC:MySQL to Derby Migration tool design question
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:14:10 GMT
Hello

I had some discussions with Satheesh on this issue. A temporary solution
for developing this tool could be to support both approaches for now by ading
an optional -DddlUtils option and if specified, DdlUtils will be used
otherwise,
it will be a standalone tool using Metadata and system tables approach. The tool
will support tables through ddlutils and for remaining objects, the
tool would use a shared code path that uses a combination of
DatabaseMetadata and system tables.

After development of the tool is done, we can push part of the code
that supports views, routines and CHECK constraints into ddlutils
later. After ddlutils starts supproting other database objects and
other databases, the migration tool can be modified to use the
dllutils approach only.

My goal is to finish implementation in the remaining one month.

Thanks,
Ramin Moazeni