db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Question about DRDAProtocolExceptionInfo fields.
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 20:35:21 GMT
Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunithaghm@gmail.com> writes:

> DRDAProtocolExceptionInfo has 4 fields.   The comments are unclear to
> me. Does anyone know what is the difference between the errorCodePoint
> and the errCdCodePoint ?

I'm just guessing here, but it seems to me that errorCodePoint
specifies the code point of the error reply message, whereas
errCdCodePoint specifies the code point of an extra required field in
that reply message. Most error reply messages have one or two required
fields that are quite common, like SVRCOD (severity code) or RDBNAM
(database name). Some error reply messages additionally have required
fields that are specific to them. errCdCodePoint is used to specify
these. For instance, SYNTAXRM has a required field called SYNERRCD,
and PRCCNVRM has a required field called PRCCNVCD.

> All the places this object is created, the errCdCodePoint has value
> NO_ASSOC_ERRCD.

Actually, you have these two well hidden in DRDAProtocolException.java:

    errorInfoTable.put(DRDA_Proto_PRCCNVRM,
               new DRDAProtocolExceptionInfo(
                             CodePoint.PRCCNVRM,
                             CodePoint.SVRCOD_ERROR,