db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Availability of grant/revoke for upgraded databases is not dependent on derby.database.sqlAuthorization property *during* upgrade ?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:18:27 GMT
On 7/27/06, Satheesh Bandaram <bandaram@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, for an extent database, you have to upgrade the database to 10.2
> and then set the sqlAuthorization property as a database property to
> turn on SQL authorization.

Thanks for clarifying this Satheesh. I tried this by setting it as a
database property for the upgraded database. However, grant/revoke
does not work right away. It works after I shutdown/reconnect to the
database. Is this the expected behaviour for this property? If so, it
may be good to add this to the spec and documentation.

View raw message