db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Availability of grant/revoke for upgraded databases is not dependent on derby.database.sqlAuthorization property *during* upgrade ?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:19:03 GMT
Is this correct ?

I was working on modifying the upgrade test to test grant/revoke. I
had wrongly understood that for grant/revoke to work on upgraded
databases, we need to set derby.database.sqlAuthorization to true
*during* upgrade. After seeing recent discussion by Dan and Satheesh,
I think this understanding is wrong and it is enough to set this
property after upgrade.

I had derived my understanding based on the following statement from
grant/revoke spec:
"An extant database may be switched from the legacy authorization
model to the SQL2003 standard model. This is done by upgrading the
database and setting derby.database.sqlAuthorization property value to
"true"."

Re-reading it, I think I had misunderstood it. It may be good to break
this statement to clearly indicate the separate steps - upgrade and
setting of the property.

Thanks,
Deepa