db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jira field definition clarification for Derby
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:02:49 GMT
On 7/30/06, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Component:: Sub-section(s)  of the  project relevant to the issue.
> Derby also has two special Components (which I think should be checkboxes)
> RegressionTestFailure - A derbyall  or other regression test failure.
> It may or may not be a product Bug.
> Newcomer - A way to flag issues that might be good candidates for new
> developers.

I believe that I suggested we migrate these to Derby Info checkboxes
and got no response, or at least no consensus. I would be happy to
migrate these to checkboxes if there is consensus to do so.

> Affects Version - The earliest release where the issue  is known to
> exist as shown by sysinfo.
> RESOLVE: What should this mean for non-bug issues?

I would say:

New feature: Should be 'none'. No versions will have the feature. :-)
Improvement: Should be the version where the need for improvement was noted.
Test: Should be the version with the test issue.
Wish: Same as new feature.
Task: 'None' if not a product issue (e.g. website issue). Otherwise,
tasks are usually things that are planned for a release, like specific
kinds of testing or verification. So, the version for which the task
should be completed by the time that version is released.

andrew