db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <banda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on Grant revoke functional spec
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 06:15:06 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Satheesh Bandaram wrote:
>

>>Derby currently doesn't support WITH GRANT OPTION. So, while it is OK
>>for 'mamta2' here to create the view, an error *should be* raised if
>>this user attempts to grant access to columns derived from user 'mamta1'
>>table.
>>

>What's the reference (section number) for this from the SQL 2003 spec,
>especially for the definition of "columns derived"?

I am still trying to access SQL 2003 spec to confirm what it says. My
soft copy seems to be corrupted... doesn't come up anymore. But I have
DB2 8.1.5 installed on my machine and tried to confirm what DB2 does in
this situation. It indeed raises an error, trying to GRANT access to
columns derived from another table not owned by the view owner. But it
does allow this GRANT to suceed if the SELECT privilege to the view
owner was granted WITH GRANT OPTION.

Again, I will try to get hold of SQL 2003 spec on Monday and confirm
what it says.

Satheesh