db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <banda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Availability of grant/revoke for upgraded databases is not dependent on derby.database.sqlAuthorization property *during* upgrade ?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:00:11 GMT
Deepa Remesh wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying this Satheesh. I tried this by setting it as a
> database property for the upgraded database. However, grant/revoke
> does not work right away. It works after I shutdown/reconnect to the
> database. Is this the expected behaviour for this property? If so, it
> may be good to add this to the spec and documentation.

Right... sqlAuthorization property is a "static" property so it needs a
database recycle to take effect. Dynamic properties take effect
immediately. Static/dynamic properties are discussed more here, just FYI.
 http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tuning/ctunsetprop824615.html

I will include this in the spec update.

Satheesh