db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: remaining 10.2 blocker
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:56:13 GMT
Hi Kathey,

I think we're on the same page. I hope my reply to Dan's question
clarified the intention of my mapping table. I'm trying to figure out
how we assign Urgency values to existing 10.2 JIRAs. I'm asking whether
this is the algorithm you would use.

At the risk of being pedantic and cranky, I feel the need to quote the
definition of "priority" according to Websters:

"2) precedence in date or position...3) something meriting prior attention"

This captures the meaning of Urgency as JIRA understands it. JIRA,
however, equates priority with severity. I feel that the community will
have to keep reminding newcomers that JIRA and Websters use the word
"priority" differently. We will have to coax them through the Apache
looking glass:

"When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone,' it
means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less."

Regards,
-Rick