db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: remaining 10.2 blocker
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:34:32 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Rick Hillegas wrote:
>

>>Thanks, Kathey. I think this does capture what I mean. I think this is
>>your proposal:
>>
>>Priority - Means "severity" according to the JIRA definitions.
>>
>>Urgency - Has the common-sense meaning of priority, not to be confused
>>with the JIRA sense.
>>
>>For current 10.2 issues:
>>
>>Priority==Blocker => Urgency=Blocker
>>Priority==Critical => Urgency=Urgent
>>Priority==Major => Urgency=Normal
>>Priority==Minor => Urgency=Low
>>Priority==Trivial => Urgency=Low
>>

>That confuses me, you say urgency is not to be confused with the Jira
>priority sense and then you equate the two??
>
>Dan.

I'm simply trying to clarify the transition from the current scheme to
Kathey's preferred scheme. Someone has to fill in the value of Urgency
for pre-existing issues. I'm asking whether this is the algorithm for
determining Urgency values for 10.2 issues which have already been logged.

Regards,
-Rick