db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: remaining 10.2 blocker
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:28:50 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Thanks, Kathey. I think this does capture what I mean. I think this is
> your proposal:
>
> Priority - Means "severity" according to the JIRA definitions.
>
> Urgency - Has the common-sense meaning of priority, not to be confused
> with the JIRA sense.

Yes, that makes sense , but I don't understand your mapping the two are
separate things.  Just to be clear:
I think the forrest page makes a good distinction:

http://forrest.apache.org/issues.html

PRIORITY
The Priority is the severity according to the issue reporter. This will
be a guideline to the development team to identify the most urgent
issues. It is not a guarantee that a Critical issue will be resolved
before a Major issue.

Follow the Jira help icon to see the definition of the options.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/ShowConstantsHelp.jspa?decorator=popup#PriorityLevels

URGENCY
The project team will classify this according to their urgency. The aim
is to be able to see at a glance which issues should be attended to, so
that developers can operate efficiently and so that the product can be
released as soon as possible. Some issues hinder the project, so need to
be identified.