db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: remaining 10.2 blocker
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:34:33 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> For 10.2, I want to use the priority field to mean what it means in
> other bug tracking systems: a field which helps engineers figure out
> what to do next. I would appreciate it if people would use Blocker and
> Critical to mean, respectively, "priority 1" and "priority 2".

Hmmm, it would be good to be consistent across all Jira, not have
specific meanings for 10.2 based upon your goals. The Critical & Blocker
values do have well described meanings in Jira as severities even in a
priority field, I think we should stick to that.

In an open source project what people work on next is very much related
to their own hunger, not any single view of what is most important.

As an example "DERBY-1546 Derby JDBC 4.0 driver returns 3 for JDBC
driver major version" I would say is not important, I guess you think it
is important, but we might both agree that it is a "Minor" in Jira
(minor loss of function, easy workaround).

As for the specific problem I think you were trying to solve, which bugs
"Kathey would vote -1 on in a release", I hope would it be more of a
"which bugs would the community consider holding a relase on until they
were fixed". As Kathey has pointed out, the regression flag being set is
a good criteria.

Dan.