db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Korneliussen <Andreas.Kornelius...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: svn commit: r423676 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests: derbynet/testProtocol_app.properties jdbc4/TestQueryObject_app.properties
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:09:52 GMT
djd@apache.org wrote:
> Author: djd
> Date: Wed Jul 19 17:20:05 2006
> New Revision: 423676

> Log:
> Mark test jdbc4/TestQueryObject as failing with the SecurityManager due to DERBY-1540
> Remove disablein of SecurityManager for derbynet/testProtocol as it passes with the SecurityManager.

FYI: the test only passes with SecurityManager when running with
classpath from classes directory. The classes directory got the
permissions to open a socket, derbyTesting.jar does not have permission
to create a new Socket. This causes nightly regression - DERBY-1545.

I think this is just another example that we should discourage the use
of classes directory for testing - there are too many regressions caused
by doing it, and besides, no user of Derby ever uses the classes
directory, so what are we really testing ?

I would actually propose to remove all permissions set in
derby_testing.policy to the classes directory, so that tests will fail
when using it.

Regards

Andreas