db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Concerned about the 'Insufficient data while reading from network error' in regression tests.
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:21:06 GMT
Looking at http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/Limited/,
there are a number of failures on the daily regression tests,  there are
some  network server tests that fail with this exception.

 > FAIL -- unexpected exception > SQLSTATE(58009):java.sql.SQLException:
Insufficient data while reading from the network - expected a minimum of
6 bytes and received only -1 bytes. The connection has been terminated.
 > Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException:
Insufficient data while reading from the network - expected a minimum of
6 bytes and received only -1 bytes. The connection has been terminated.
 > ... 8 more Test Failed.

http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/testlog/Linux-2.6.9-34.ELsmp_x86_64-x86_64/424402-derbyall_diff.txt

I have not seen this exception before. This exception looks bad to me.
Has anyone looked at this ?

Thanks,
Sunitha.