db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: remaining 10.2 blocker
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 03:44:49 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>   Alternately we could  just not muddy the Jira descriptions of these
> fields and only mark only mark Fix Version 10.2 for an unassigned  if
> we would  vote -1 on the release if it is not fixed,  mark the
> priorities objectively based on the Jira priority descriptions[2 ]
> and  use  the Wiki or some other mechanism for community bug review
> and identification of high value fixes.

Oops, let me try with actual sentences.

Original proposal was: to use the fix version/priority for community bug
review.

Details here:
http://www.nabble.com/prioritized-10.2-bug-list-tf1932945.html#a5301968
    * Mark Fix Version 10.2 for unassigned issues if we  think it is  a
high value fix that  could be fixed in time for the release.
    * Iteratively adjust Fix Version as we get closer to the release.
    * Use Blocker/Critical to mark  must fix issues.
Details here:
http://www.nabble.com/prioritized-10.2-bug-list-tf1932945.html#a5301968

Alternate approach is
 *  Only mark Fix Version 10.2 for unassigned issues  if we  think they
are a must fix.
 *  Mark the priorities objectively based on the Jira Priority
Descriptions which are really severity.
 * Use the Wiki or some other mechanism for community bug review and
identification of high value fixes.

Kathey