db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JUnit testing moving forward
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:19:00 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> And I think the name for the Wiki (killDerbyTestHarness) is just perfect.
:-) It's just my way to change the mindset of everyone.

> It may not be a surprise, but I'm very interested in this. :-)

Excellent!

> Re 3, I think we should start with converting tests where the output
> is causing problems, for instance, any of the tests that show a
> difference in output when testing with a different derby version for
> client vs. server.

Interesting, my fish to fry [1] would be to convert the tests that have
single master files and no sedding requirements because it's easier and
likely to significantely bump the percentage of tests running as JUnit
(the easy fast food)

But you are right too, fixing the problematic tests may have more of an
immediate impact on the community as folks don't need to have to worry
about multiple test runs or updating many master files (simplifying the
complex dish created by a crazy relative?).

Great thing about open source, multiple people can work on different
items for different reasons related to the same goal to make overall
end-result better.

Thanks,
Dan.
[1]