db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject INFO: Creating filters in JIRA for Derby
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:35:39 GMT
Maybe this is a repeat for some. Following are the steps  that could be
useful in
creating custom filters in JIRA.

Login to JIRA, please make sure you have developer access.

Visit main JIRA issues page for DERBY:
============================
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY

Create filter condition:
===============
 Choose Find Issues - New. Create the condition that the filter needs to
reflect. Click on "View & Hide" to expose the option to save the
filter under a desired name.
{Alternatively you may choose to use existing filters from the main page
and modify it to suit your needs.
For example:  While create the Documentation issues, I chose the '
Documentation' under the Components section of
 the main JIRA page for Derby . This showed all the Open Documentation
issues and based on that I created the filters
OPEN_DOC_ISSUES and 10.2_DOC_ISSUES (adding the filter for Fix version
of 10.2) }

Save:
====
- Under Filter section:, click on the option to " Save it as a filter"
- Give a name for the filter

Sharing:
======
 Go to Filter: Manage. The list of filters your created will show up
here.  Select 'Share' to make this filter a global or for
derby-developers only.
It is really important to share it as global or at a minimum
derby-developers,  if the filter is to be used by other folks.

Also I think we should make sure unwanted filters are deleted
periodically so that cluttering is reduced.

Regards,
Rajesh