db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <banda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: grant/revoke improvements
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:24:10 GMT
Hi Rick,

It would be good to cover upgrade testing too. There is one known issue
with upgrade and GRANT/REVOKE. I will file a JIRA entry for that. During
database upgrade for a database from 10.1 to 10.2, the owner the
database should change from peudo-user 'DBA' to actual authorizationID
of the person performing the upgrade. This is not happening. There is
mechanism in the upgrade already to perform this task, but seems to have
a defect some where.

I am working on two minor changes to Grant/Rekoke. They are:

    * Raise a warning if sqlAuthorization is ON without have
      authentication enabled.
    * Drop permission descriptors when their object is dropped. Ex:
      during drop table, drop all permission descriptors on that table.

I will not be adding any more support to GRANT/REVOKE beyond this.

Satheesh