db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject extraDBMSclasses.properties vs otherDerbyClasses.properties?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:00:10 GMT
For some changes that I've made as part of DERBY-688 I had to add another class
entry to the tools/jar/extraDBMSclass.properties file, as instructed in the
following thread:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.db.derby.devel/14459

When modifying that file I noticed the XMLTypeCompiler class, which was added in
response to the thread mentioned above.  I have confirmed that without the
XMLTypeCompiler entry the XML tests will fail, so it's definitely necessary.

Given this, I had to wonder: why aren't the other TypeCompiler classes required
in this file, as well?  For example, CharTypeCompiler?

I searched around and found that all of the other TypeCompiler classes are
actually declared in two files:

jars/sane/lists/otherDerbyClasses.properties
jars/insane/lists/otherDerbyClasses.properties

So is that where XMLTypeCompiler should be declared, as well?  Or is
extraDBMSclasses a better location because it works with both SANE and INSANE
jars?  What about new classes like impl.sql.execute.SqlXmlExecutor, which is
proposed as part of the first patch for DERBY-688?

Is there a preferred location for adding entries for new classes that are not
explicitly referenced by the codeline?  If this is documented somewhere, please
do feel free to point me in the right direction...

Thanks,
Army