db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Feedback for extension
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:48:09 GMT
Hi, Felix, this sounds like very interesting work!  My only question at
this stage would be, are these new features standards-based?  There may
be some resistance to adding interfaces that are not based on a
standard, as that is one of the guiding principles of the Derby project.
  Although if it's used mostly for performance analysis and is not part
of the interfaces used by applications, the resistance may be less
strong.   Anybody else have thoughts on this?

Are you planning to contribute your query plan visualization tool as
well?  It sure sounds useful to me (although we'd need to understand
what license the JGraph framework is under and whether it's compatible
with the Apache license).

David