db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDBC 4 tests with build 91
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:13:09 GMT
V.Narayanan wrote:
> Hi,
> They seem to be related to DERBY-1417 that is still in progress

Hi,

Narayanan is correct.
I'm working on these, but have met some obstacles causing me to have
used much longer time than expected (mostly related to LOBs and handling
of length less streams).

I can bump the priority of the patch for the Brokered* classes, and try
to get it done today. Then the errors will go away on the embedded side.
I need a little more time on the client-side, but hopefully a few days
should be enough to get the patch ready.

FYI, the tests expected to fail until DERBY-1417 is done, are
ClosedObjectTest, UnsupportedVetter and VerifySignatures. These will
only show when running with Mustang.

Regards,
--
Kristian

> thanx
> Narayanan
>
> David Van Couvering wrote On 07/19/06 06:53,:
>
>> And, yes, I built Derby with this build as well:
>>
>> ~/ant.properties:
>> jdk16=/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0
>>

>> bash-3.00$ /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0/bin/java -version
>> java version "1.6.0-rc"
>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-rc-b91)
>> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-rc-b91, mixed mode, sharing)
>>

>> David Van Couvering wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, all.  I downloaded the latest Mustang build, 91, as recommended
>>> by Knut.  But when I run the jdbc40 test suite, I get a bunch of
>>> AbstractMethodError errors, for example from ClosedObjectTest:
>>>
>>>  > 1) class
>>> org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredPreparedStatement40.setBinaryStream(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbc4.ClosedObjectTest)java.lang.AbstractMethodError:

>>> org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredPreparedStatement40.setBinaryStream(ILjava/io/InputStream;)V