db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Choice of JMX implementations
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:06:15 GMT
I want to retract my statement about removing support for system
properties, major backward compatibility issue, what was I thinking?

I *can* see, however, that system properties become a layer on top of a
core JMX implementation, so that internally the only way the system is
configured and managed is through the JMX service.  But this really
shouldn't happen until JMX is "just there" for all VMs that we support,
I agree with Dan it would not be good to *require* a separate JMX jar
file for Derby to run.

That said, I think the advantages of JMX are significant enough that
many people will want to use it, and I think there's value in
redistributing MX4J if we think it's up to snuff.

David