db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Choice of JMX implementations
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:50:39 GMT
I like the idea of detecting the presence of a JMX implementation and
starting the service if it exists.  We'd still have to indicate exactly
what JMX implementations and versions we have tested with (and provide
links to the download page), so that users know what will work.

That said, if we *can* redistribute MX4J and we think it works well,
redistributing it would be a nice thing to do for our users, so they
don't have to take an extra step to be able to get JMX functionality for
Derby.

The nice thing is for anyone using JDK 1.5 or higher this is a non-issue.

What about J2ME, are there versions of J2ME that we support that don't
come with JMX, or are we covered?

Thanks,

David