db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Revoke REFERENCES privilege and drop foreign key constraint
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:36:33 GMT
[ Possible re-send of this message; I've been having email problems, sorry. ]

 >         I looked through alter table constant action to see what happens
 >         when a user issues a drop constraint foreignkeyname and it seems
 >         like there is lot more involved then simply calling the data
 >         dictionary to drop the constraint descriptor.

What about re-factoring this code and moving the extra code out of
AlterTableConstantAction's drop constraint subroutine and into data dictionary's
drop constraint routine.

Then, we could share this code between alter table drop constraint, and
revoke privilege.

thanks,

bryan