db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <banda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Language based matching
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:25:16 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> At one point I was keen on re-enabling the national string types. Now
> I am leaning toward implementing the ANSI collation language. I think
> this is more powerful. In particular, it lets you support more than
> one language-sensitive ordering in the same database.

I also had interest in enabling national characters for 10.2, but after
dates for 10.2 became clearer, I decided it wouldn't be feasible to
research and implement this functionality in the remaining time. I will
add a comment to JIRA entry stating this. I also don't have itch to look
into this issue for 10.3, though I think this is very useful functionality.

Satheesh