db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch review and turnaround as 10.2 approaches
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:30:24 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> I would like to propose that every active  developer  registered in Jira
>  make efforts to reduce the patch backlog by trying to do something to
> move along at least 2 patches outside of our  personal 10.2 line items
> each week.    See:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/PatchListMaintenance

+1 but extend it to anyone on this list, anyone can review a patch. We
have ~12 committers, ~40 registered Jira developers but ~200 people
subscribed to this list, that's a lot of eyes and could address a great
number of patches per week.

Remember also that if you have submitted a patch then get some good
karma by reviewing someone else's patch, eventually the karma will come
back to you as people review your patch. Good karma also has the
positive effect of making people pick your patches up sooner since you
demonstrate community spirit, and it will help in becoming a committer
and thus being able to submit your own patches.

And feel free to review a patch even if it has been already reviewed, he
more eyes the better.

Thanks to Kathey for setting up the PatchListMaintenance page.

Dan.