db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Google SOC:MySQL to Derby Migration tool design question
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:18:00 GMT
If this is the simplest approach in terms of design and code re-use it
sounds good to me, *as long as* the user doesn't have this split exposed
to him/her, and instead sees one seamless tool and user experience.

In particular, if Things Go Wrong, what is the user flow/experience --
how does the user back things out, figure out what went wrong, etc.
Does this approach complicate error determination and recovery?

Thanks,

David