db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: missing components
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:16:38 GMT

Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> Does everything need to have a component? Clearly if there started to
> be many of the same type of issue, we would want to create a new
> category, but if it's a one-off sort of thing, is there a problem with
> leaving things with no component assigned, or assigning it to the
> Unknown component if it doesn't fit into any other current category?
>
> andrew

It would be nice to be able to tell the difference between those people
have just not set any component and those that someone has thought a bit
about and just don't fit into any of the current buckets.  I have done
the assign the component task a few times before and I am always left
with a few I can't quite place, which I have left in unknown.  Then next
time around I spend time looking at the same ones.

Am I missing a "null" vs. "unknown" distinction?