db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running Tests
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:38:01 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 7/10/06, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Gokul,
>>
>> The test harness spawns off further java processes which may not
>> inherit the classpath if you use -cp. Please see what you get when you
>> add the classes dir, junit.jar and jakarta jar to an environment
>> variable, then run the test.
>>
>> Myrna
>>

> I meant, add the following to the environment variable $CLASSPATH.
> (not just an environment variable) :
> "$DERBY_HOME/classes:$DERBY_HOME/tools/java/junit.jar:
> $DERBY_HOME/tools/java/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar"

Hi Myrna,

I can confirm that you found the problem, and that your suggestion works.

CLASSPATH=$DERBY_HOME/classes:$DERBY_HOME/tools/java/junit.jar:$DERBY_HOME/tools/java/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar

java -Dframework=DerbyNetClient
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest unit/cacheService.unit

I was just trying to figure this out myself, because I didn't see the
reported failure as I run my tests with a script (which sets environment
variables).

Thanks for giving us the solution :)

Regards,
--