db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Korneliussen <Andreas.Kornelius...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running Tests
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:10:24 GMT
Gokul Soundararajan wrote:
> Hi Kristian,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. I noticed that my code had some problems that wouldn't
> allow me to run unit tests. Hopefully, all bugs are fixed now.
>
> You were correct. JUnit was the problem and now the compile time errors are
> gone. I think I may be running the test incorrectly. I have posted the command
> that I use:
>
> java
> -cp $DERBY_HOME/classes/:
> $DERBY_HOME/tools/java/junit.jar:
> $DERBY_HOME/tools/java/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar
> -Dframework=DerbyNetClient
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest unit/cacheService.unit
>
> With this, I get the following error:
> org/apache/derbyTesting/unitTests/harness/UnitTestMain

You should also check that you have built all the test-classes:
What is the output of:
ls $DERBY_HOME/classes/org/apache/derbyTesting/unitTests/harness/

If there is no UnitTestMain.class in that directory, try to compile the
tests with:
ant all

.. and since you have had compile problems, try to compile it from scratch:

ant clobber all buildjars

> Can you confirm/correct the way I'm running the test?

It seems correct, however it seems to not all classes have been compiled.

Andreas