db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running Tests
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 19:28:25 GMT
Gokul Soundararajan wrote:
> Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grovlen@...> writes:
>

>> Gokul Soundararajan wrote:
>>

>>> 1. 1st set related to BaseJDBCTestCase with method assertTrue()
>>> 2. 2nd set related to BaseJDBCTestCase.java/ScrollResultSetTest.java with
>>> methods assertEquals(), assertTrue(), and assertFalse()
>>>
>>> These errors seem related. Also, I get the same errors if I build from
>>> ${derby.home} by running "ant testing". Please see below for the error
>>>
> printouts.
>
>> Do you get the errors if you do "ant all"?
>>

> I get the similar errors in the testing files only for files in the directory,
> org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbcapi/. The files mentioned in my
> earlier post, BaseJDBCTestCase and ScrollResultSetTest are in this directory.

Hello Gokul,

The errors you are getting seem related to JUnit.
What version of JUnit have you put in your $DERBY_HOME/tools/java? Derby
is using 3.8.1. Don't know how far you get if you are using 4.1 instead.
Also, the file BaseJDBCTestCase should be in
testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/util. I guess
ScrollResultSetTest is extending this class.

According to the JUnit (v. 3.8.1) JavaDoc, the methods that cause
compilation errors are valid members of the Assert class. Verify that
the junit.jar file is valid/working.
You should be able to build the classes in java/testing by doing 'ant
testing' from $DERBY_HOME, and if you are using jars you must also
remember to build the testing jar.

I can also confirm that I was able to compile Derby and run the test
unit/cacheService.unit with revision 418240.

Regards,
--
Kristian