db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dasd asda <jav...@yahoo.com>
Subject Major compliance issue yet no progress on minor bug
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 23:46:12 GMT
It seems like SQLExceptions raised by Derby are not
serializable. Following is the error I get:

java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetSqlca
	at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1075)
	at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1369)
	at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1341)
	at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1284)
	at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1073)
	at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:291)

Considering that java.sql.SQLException implements
java.io.Serializable, I would say this is a basic spec
compliance issue and hence should be high on your
radar. Yet, there is no progress on bug DERBY-790. I
am sure quite a few are running into this issue.
Please fastrack the resolution to this bug.

Thanks