db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.1.3 bug fix candidates - DERBY-668 & 826?
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 22:32:40 GMT
On 5/30/06, Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> wrote:
> > Is this too big a change for a minor release?
>
> Hi Myrna, I think it would be nice to port these fixes back to
> the maintenance release. I do not know of any remaining open
> issues with these changes. However, you'll want to have a look
> through the entire nest of changes that were done in this area
> because there are a bunch of interactions. In addition to the
> two bugs that you mentioned (668 and 826), I think you should
> have a look at 622, 1152, 1229, and 1273.
>
> I would be glad to help analyze the diffs and discuss the changes
> with you. Just let me know what I can do to be of help.
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

I looked at the changes, and I feel it's too sensitive to backport these.
For one thing, like Bryan said, the fixes for DERBY-668 and DERBY-826
are interwoven/related with fixes for various other issues. Also,
DERBY-622 is still open, with a partial change in...(although maybe
that one can just be closed).

Another concern is that the fix for DERBY-668 requires additional
security privileges which may not be so relevant for running sysinfo
against embedded,  but may be more sensitive when running the network
server implementation. I don't want to cause any trouble with
upgrading existing apps.

So, in the end, I'll not be backporting these changes...

Shall I take them off the wiki page too?

Myrna