db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Derby as desktop database
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:01:47 GMT
This is the later - I don't want the users to start the server.

BTW, I just prototyped a simple distributed peer-to-peer DataSource
[1]. In my tests I can run about 7 parallel processes on my MacBook
laptop that access the same database non-stop (each doing a select,
then insert, then going to sleep for 2 seconds). When I started more
processes, timeouts and errors start to occur, but playing with the
DataSource parameters can increase the concurrency.

Not ideal but works. I may clean this up in the future, removing
Cayenne EventManager dependency, coding it straight to the JavaGroups
API.

Comments?

Andrus

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/sandbox/derby-