db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.3.0 release
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:46:37 GMT

> > Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
> >> Is this a serious enough issue to warrant another release candidate?
> >> Tests that exercise the issue were not contributed along with the fix,
> >> and it would be nice to know that this is an issue that is likely to
> >> be hit in known circumstances. If so, a release note is probably in
> >> order since it supposedly can cause corruption to a database.
>
> Hmmmm, what would the release note say?
>
> "In some situations you can end up with a corrupted database and there's
> nothing you can do about it. However the problem is fixed and it's in
> the 10.1 branch, so best you ignore this release and build your own
> version."

Well, if no one really knows how to exercise it, but it is in fact
suspected to cause problems then, sure, I'll roll another release
candidate with the fix. It would be nice if we knew what circumstances
would hit that code path, so we could warn users of previous versions
what to do to prevent corrupting their databases.

I'll have a new release candidate posted by tomorrow.

andrew