db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-1103 in Release Notes for 10.1.3
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:16:27 GMT
On 6/14/06, Staale Deraas - Sun Norway <Staale.Deraas@sun.com> wrote:

> This issue has been fixed in 10.1.3, and Kathey commented it needed a
> special release note because it is a subtask. It does not appear in the
> Release Notes for 10.1.3 yet.

When I generate the release download page for 10.1.3, I will take into
account subtasks that should appear in the list of issues fixed. These
include DERBY-491, DERBY-772, DERBY-805, DERBY-814, DERBY-825, and
DERBY-1103. Unfortunately, these issues will not appear in the release
notes page generated by JIRA. Hopefully, people will refer to the list
of issues fixed on the release download page instead.

If there are other issues that you feel are missing from the list of
issues fixed, or which should be explicitly described in the release
notes section of the download page, please let me know.

For reference, here is the release notes section from 10.1.2.1:

http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.1.2.1.cgi#Release+Notes

The section for 10.1.3 will be similar. However. there are some
user-visible changes to behavior that may need to be described in more
detail. Candidates for further description include issues like
DERBY-7, DERBY-331, DERBY-463, DERBY-466, DERBY-795, DERBY-1262,
DERBY-1327, and DERBY-1386.

I'd like to hear if other users feel that any of the above issues
should be described in detail in the release notes, or if there are
others that I left out of this list. There has already been a request
for DERBY-1327, along with a great suggestion for the text to be
included in the release notes. (Thanks, Kathey!)

andrew