db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.1.3 bug fix candidates - DERBY-668 & 826?
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 08:33:15 GMT
On 6/6/06, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>
> > So, in the end, I'll not be backporting these changes...
>
> I think so. These are great changes but it sounds  prudent to  wait for
> 10.2.  Thanks for looking at it.

Hi there!

Back from an extended vacation, and with an ear infection. Try flying
with one sometime. Not fun. :-/

I'd be comfortable porting the various sysinfo fixes to 10.1.3, but
there are currently two unresolved issues: I'd like confirmation from
Dan that DERBY-622 can be closed at this point, now that we have
test-specific policy files and the method calls that were causing
problems are wrapped in priv blocks. And I think the patch I posted
for DERBY-1273 should be committed, as it removes the need for the
getProtectionDomain permission, without losing any useful information.

I'm still working on a document describing the impact of the various
changes in different environments but its slow going - there are lots
of permutations of fixes / security manager enablement / jars in ext
dirs / jars vs. classes / etc..

Anyhow, don't give up on these changes for the 10.1.3 release just
yet. Getting the 10.1.3 release going is my main priority once I've
recovered and I'd like to see these fixes go into the branch if
there's agreement that it's acceptable.

andrew

(only 476 emails left to read... :-) )