db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: making a jira filter public
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 02:04:18 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Thanks, Kathey. I have substituted your pessimistic query for my
> optimistic one and added the critical/blocker query.

I see now that your original query was for bugs  that developers have
marked to be fixed in 10.2 , which is interesting too, but maybe it
could be all issues, not just bugs. That would be 108 on the current
10.2 fix list.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&fixfor=11187&status=1&status=3&status=4&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

32 business days until August 10, so that would be 3.375 issues per day
for the community assuming everyone has the issues they plan to fix for
10.2 marked as such. Doesn't sound so bad.

Interestingly though 71 of the issues marked Fix Version 10.2  are
currently unassigned.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&fixfor=11187&assigneeSelect=unassigned&status=1&status=3&status=4&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

72 issues are assigned but do not have a fix version marked
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&fixfor=-1&assigneeSelect=specificgroup&assignee=derby-developers&status=1&status=3&status=4&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

What do all these numbers mean?
Probably nothing.  A lot of the information is skewed because of  Jira
maintenance issues, like DERBY-1442, marked Fix Version 10.2.0.0 but
probably intended as the Affects Version.  Jira currently could use a
good house-cleaning to make the reports meaningful.  I posted some Jira
maintenance reports on the Wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJiraReports.

I started some obvious  cleanup  because I need to pull out some metrics
(Sorry for all the spam).
It would be great if folks could look at the maintenance  reports  at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJiraReports and restrict to CURRENT
USER for  Reporter or Assignee as appropriate.  Also it would be
interesting to see the numbers if folks mark the issues Fix Version 10.2
that they plan to fix for the release.

Kathey