db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Fix Version in Jira and reporting issues fixed in 10.2
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:10:12 GMT
Trying to query Jira for  report of all the issues fixed in 10.2 I see
that  we also get  any issues that are already  fixed in  earlier
versions but were also marked with Fix Version 10.2.0.0
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&resolution=1&version=11187&status=5&status=6&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

This phenomenon is also apparent in the 10.2 release notes:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=11187&styleName=Html&projectId=10594&Create=Create

How can  I get a report for just the new fixes for  10.2?

Also, are we really handling Fix Version correctly? In the past I have
worked with bug tracking systems where "Fix Version" is marked as the
earliest release where the issue is fixed with  the assumption that all
forward ports to higher rev levels are taken care of before the issue is
closed.  This made it more clear how to mark fix version and
facilitated this type of reporting.   I understand that the forward
porting assumption might not be always the case in opensource, but I
think it is the exception when this is not done and  I have heard folks
comment that the multiple fix versions is confusing and I agree.    I
think I'd like to see Fix Version get marked with the version reported
by sysinfo  for the lowest  branch  fixed and then snapshot versions
merged into the real release when it happens.   Thoughts?

Kathey