db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (DERBY-822 followup) Server prefetch when QRYROWSET is 0 (zero)?
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:41:17 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> writes:

Thanks to both Knut Anders and Bryan for the excellent and timely replies to my
question.

> When I look at writeQRYDTA and writeFDODTA in DRDAConnThread, it seems
> to me that we actually break the DRDA spec in two ways:
>
>   1) QRYROWSET=0 has the same effect as QRYROWSET=1
>   2) For forward-only/read-only result sets, QRYROWSET will be ignored
>      (both on OPNQRY and CNTQRY) - haven't verified this since the
>      client doesn't send QRYROWSET in this case.
>
> 1 is causing the reported problem with the ODBC driver. I don't know
> if 2 is a problem. The client driver never sends an explicit QRYROWSET
> when the result set is forward-only, but maybe the ODBC driver does.

Thank you for tracking these down.  I filed #1 as a bug (DERBY-1468) and #2 as a
"task" for further investigation (DERBY-1469).

So the next questions are 1) should DERBY-1468 be marked as a "Regression" since
existing apps that use ODBC against 10.1 will see incorrect behavior if they
upgrade to 10.2?  And 2) Ummm...anyone out there interested in fixing DERBY-1468
for the 10.2 deadline? :)

Thanks again Bryan and Knut,
Army