db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: release notes draft page
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:34:02 GMT
Henri van de Scheur - Sun Norway wrote:
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>> As an aside,  it would be wonderful to hear from some of the folks
>> that make up the "We" in Henri's mails that say  "We have run [snip
>> lots of great testing]"  about their opinions and votes on the release.
> I am so sorry!
> 'We' are:
> Ole Solberg
> Vemund Østgaard
> John Embretsen
> Henri van de Scheur

> Details for our additional test are found under
> http://www.multinet.no/%7Esolberg/public/Apache/

> (you will see the link to this page after you do the refresh/reload?)

As some of you may have noticed, "we" did not run a (so-called) long
running test against

However, I have run a test against (as noted in [1]) for
about 13 days, 18 hours. This is the same test that caused
OutOfMemoryErrors against the snapshot after about 21 days [2].
Unfortunately, due to lack of time and some other constraints (e.g.
physical relocation of test hosts), the test was not (and
most likely will not be) run long enough to see the full effect of the
anti-Memory-leak medicine provided by DERBY-1103.

However, graphs showing Network Server heap (tenured space) utilization
in vs. (for as long as the latter test ran) are
attached to this e-mail. DERBY-1103 seems to have had a positive (as in
good) effect on memory usage.

See attachments and

[2] http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Testing-for-10.1.3-p4688077.html

View raw message