db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Henri van de Scheur - Sun Norway <Henri.Vandesch...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.1.3.1 release notes draft page
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:00:19 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
>> On 6/29/06, Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Is the long description for DERBY-1327 needed? That release notes entry
>>> mentions that it's fixed in 10.1.3.1 and it's listed down in the Bugs
>>> Fixed section.
>>

>> I included it at an earlier request of Kathey Marsden. It seems useful
>> to have a note about the specific issue, but maybe the mention in the
>> bug list is enough? Kathey, do you still feel it warrants a specific
>> explanation?
>>
> Actually, the release note checkbox wasn't marked. It was just where
> the discussion about release notes started so I think it found its way
> here. Since it came up, it would be kind of nice to mention that this
> is a critical upgrade for that JVM with a link since it can cause
> corruption  but that's about it.
>> http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/releases/release-10.1.3.1.html#Testing
>>

> I don't see all the testing reported by  Henri
> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--VOTE--10.1.3.1-release-p5102642.html
> Maybe just a refresh issue?
I had to do a refresh/reload to get the details.

> As an aside,  it would be wonderful to hear from some of the folks
> that make up the "We" in Henri's mails that say  "We have run [snip
> lots of great testing]"  about their opinions and votes on the release.
I am so sorry!
'We' are:
Ole Solberg
Vemund Østgaard
John Embretsen
Henri van de Scheur
>   Also I think it would be great to hear more about the  QA folks work
> here on the list  throughout the release cycle.  The Large Data Volume
> testing sounds very interesting as do the system tests that Manjula
> reports results on.  While I can imagine the mechanics of contributing
> such tests might be hard. It would be great to  see information about
> these tests on the Wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTesting.
Details for our additional test are found under
http://www.multinet.no/%7Esolberg/public/Apache/10.1.3.1_RC/10.1.3.1RC_Additional_Tests.html

(you will see the link to this page after you do the refresh/reload?)

Henri