db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.1.3.1 release notes draft page
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:56:19 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On 6/29/06, Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
>

>> Is the long description for DERBY-1327 needed? That release notes entry
>> mentions that it's fixed in 10.1.3.1 and it's listed down in the Bugs
>> Fixed section.
>

> I included it at an earlier request of Kathey Marsden. It seems useful
> to have a note about the specific issue, but maybe the mention in the
> bug list is enough? Kathey, do you still feel it warrants a specific
> explanation?

Actually, the release note checkbox wasn't marked. It was just where the
discussion about release notes started so I think it found its way here.
Since it came up, it would be kind of nice to mention that this is a
critical upgrade for that JVM with a link since it can cause corruption
but that's about it.

> http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/releases/release-10.1.3.1.html#Testing

I don't see all the testing reported by  Henri
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--VOTE--10.1.3.1-release-p5102642.html
Maybe just a refresh issue?

As an aside,  it would be wonderful to hear from some of the folks that
make up the "We" in Henri's mails that say  "We have run [snip lots of
great testing]"  about their opinions and votes on the release.   Also I
think it would be great to hear more about the  QA folks work here on
the list  throughout the release cycle.  The Large Data Volume testing
sounds very interesting as do the system tests that Manjula reports
results on.  While I can imagine the mechanics of contributing such
tests might be hard. It would be great to  see information about these
tests on the Wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTesting.

Kathey