db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.1.3.1 release notes draft page
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 06:58:59 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>

>>The release notes draft page is here:
>>
>>http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/releases/release-10.1.3.1.html
>>

>>Ignore the formatting, it's missing one of the CSS files. I still need
>>to fill in the test results and the link to the 'list of fixed
>>issues'. Let me know if I've missed anything else.

Improved behavior when used with a transaction manager (XA)

It would be good if we could make this a little stronger e.g.
Critical fixes for network client when used with a transaction manager (XA)

>Is the long description for DERBY-1327 needed? That release notes entry
>mentions that it's fixed in 10.1.3.1 and it's listed down in the Bugs
>Fixed section.

Here I think it  would be fine just to call out that anyone using this
JVM should upgrade to 10.1.3.1 and have a link off to 1327.

For both of these issues, we just want to communicate that users running
in these configurations should consider 10.1.3.1  a critical upgrade
their data  integrity is at risk.   Maybe just a separate sentence
clarifies  for what configurations this is a critical upgrade.

In general, I think the detailed release notes will be helpful to users
but looking at the  release notes I think it would be good for them to
be after the list of bugs fixed instead of before.

Kathey