db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject JIRA question - what to do with issues that are verified JVM issues rather than derby bugs?
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:42:59 GMT
I have verfied that DERBY=1280 is a JVM bug specific to the reported IBM
JVM bug.  What should I do with the jira issue?

Also any opinions on if the error message should be changed.  Basically
all that the code knows is that it got an IO exception while trying to
write a page out, it does nest the ioexception to the reported
exception.  Should the error be something like "check that the file
system is not full, or that your OS and JVM support creating files
larger than 2 gig?

/mikem