db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Proposal for 10.2 release schedule
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:09:09 GMT

Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>>I believe some of the features were already originally planning on
>>an august 15 or later date, and have adjusted to an august 10 date.
>>Some definitely won't make it with an earlier code freeze.
>

> There's no "code freeze" per se on ASF projects.

sorry, I never meant to imply a code freeze - I agree that there should
not be a freeze.  Branching the code earlier gives the release and
developers what they need.  And in the branch we should not "freeze",
though it is nice to either give the release coordinator a chance to
bump the release id in the branch, or to do so your self as was done
with the 10.1.3 release.

I meant that features that are being targeted for the 10.2 relese may
not make the proposed branch date.