db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Port fix for DERBY-1454 to 10.1 branch for 10.1.3?
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 23:20:16 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> I know we're way past the 10.1.3 deadline, so if we could get some
> review of the DERBY-1454 patch, and some opinions from the community
> about whether the fix is reasonable to port to 10.1 at this late
> date, that would be much appreciated.

The patch looks good to me and I say  +1 to port to 10.1.   Unlucky
users, that hit this boundary will be happy for the fix.
I am not sure if the rc2 candidate has been made or what Andrew things
about including this fix.  I am really about 0 on whether this goes in.
It would be nice to see it in, but I know a lot of  folks run weekend
runs  so if the cutoff for rc2 is before this fix, that is ok too.
Regardless that shouldn't stop it from going into 10.1 now.

A secondary issue  that arose out of this is that when this type of
agent error is triggered there is no server side logging of the error
except to the console. The user application  that hit this had not been
capturing console output and there was no clue in the derby.log, this
made the problem hard to track down when they suddenlly hit this
boundary deep within their stress tests.

I suggest a secondary  task be logged for that,  perhaps as a subtask of

Kathey