db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: catch-22: Derby, Mustang, and JCP issue
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:14:56 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Nice post.  Comments inline :
>
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>>So, I can see any of the following things as possibilities:
>>
>>1) The Derby community could release a 10.2.1.x minus the JDBC 4 bits
>>whenever it likes. Maybe even next week. :-)
>>2) Sun releases a version of Derby with JDK 1.6 that reports as
>>10.2.1.x and has upgrade enabled, however they want to do that.
>>Hopefully they get this right and it upgrades to the official 10.2.
>

> What does it mean "upgrade enabled"?

I didn't spot that anybody answered this question.

The derby development code line has an alpha version tag that disables
upgrade in Derby.

If a user creates a "production" database using software built from the
development code line, then installs the official Derby release, the
official Derby release can't access that database, can't upgrade it to
the official release.

 -jean