db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: catch-22: Derby, Mustang, and JCP issue
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 03:20:45 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

> If the interfaces happen to exist in a release before the spec is final,
> well, cool. Folks using them are at risk of the spec changing at the
> last
> minute, so I would put bright red warnings around them if they are event
> documented before the official release of the spec (not of Derby).

+1
- We have a Derby 10.2 GA release with any JDBC 4.0 functionality marked
as USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, just part of incremental devlopment and totally
subject to change if the spec does.
- Mustang takes that and runs with it.
- Then we have a follow up release, yes even two months later where we
are certified compliant.

A nice clean 2 phase commit.  I haven't read the legal stuff, but does
this not work?

Kathey