db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Lance J. Andersen" <Lance.Ander...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Proposal for 10.2 release schedule
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 00:12:36 GMT

David Van Couvering wrote:
> Lance J. Andersen wrote:
>>>
>> You cannot have a GA version of a JDBC 4 driver until JSR 221 goes
>> final.
>
> Are you *sure* you can't *have* a GA version, e.g the bits can't exist
> somewhere, as long as they're not officially declared generally
> available?  If we can't even create the bits, then it is physically
> and logically impossible for us to give anything to the JDK team for
> integration.
I think we are talking different things here as you are talking about
getting your final version of your product ready to be released based on
a JSR which is getting ready to go final , which is fine, which is
different from what i was trying to say.

http://jcp.org/en/resources/guide#fab  gives you an overview of how a
JSR goes final.